Librarians and StatLab consultants at the CSSSI can provide you with services to help you find, use and manage your research data. If you are looking for science or social science data, we can help you find publicly available sources or, in some cases, purchase data if it is not freely available. Once you have the data you need, we can help you find the resources at Yale that will allow you to manipulate and analyze your data. As you work with data that you have collected, librarians can help you find the tools you need to keep track of your data.
Data Management Plan Consultation is also provided by a team from different parts of the Yale University Library and Information Technology Services.
- Orbis (Library Catalog) - Any data that the Library has purchased can be found in Orbis. Data sets will have an icon that looks like a desk-top computer. Search Orbis for data based on the subject that you are looking for.
- Social Science Data - Sources of economic, elections, political, and other Social Science data.
- Science Data - Sources for data for the natural sciences.
- Satellite Imagery - List of sources for satellite imagery from the Yale Center for Earth Observation.
- GIS at Yale - If you need help installing or using GIS at Yale, this guide will get you started.
- StatLab Consultants - The StatLab Consultants can help you with questions like “How do I enter my data?”, “What statistical program should I use?”, and “How do I get the program to run the analysis I want?”
- Remote Sensing - The Yale Center for Earth Observation has a computer lab space with the software you need and they offer workshops to help you get the most out of your data.
- Research Data Management - Find tips and resources for managing your research data, wherever it came from.
- DMPTool - If you are writing a grant proposal that requires a Data Management Plan (DMP), the DMPTool likely has a template to help you create the best plan possible.
- Data Management Plan Consultation - If you want someone to look at a finished DMP or if you are just getting started and would like some help, the Research Data Consultation Group can help you.
- Research Technologies - Yale Information Technology Services Research Technologies group provides services and software to meet your research computing needs.